Director of Immigrant Services Program
LifeWorks Community Action is a non-profit organization committed to providing comprehensive support and assistance to individuals and families with low-incomes in Saratoga County and Upper Capital Region. The Immigrant Services Department fosters inclusivity, empowers communities, and advocates for the rights and well-being of immigrants.
The Director of Immigrant Services is a key leadership role responsible for overseeing and enhancing all aspects of immigrant-focused programs and services provided by LifeWorks Community Action. This position requires a dynamic and compassionate leader with a deep understanding of the unique challenges faced by immigrants and a commitment to creating a welcoming and supportive environment.
Program Development and Management:
- Develop and implement innovative and effective programs and services to meet the diverse needs of immigrants.
- Ensure the delivery of high-quality, culturally competent services that align with the organization's mission and goals.
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate immigrant services into the overall service framework.
Staff Leadership and Development:
- Recruit, train, and supervise a team of dedicated professionals to deliver exceptional immigrant services.
- Foster a positive and inclusive work environment that promotes teamwork and professional growth.
- Provide ongoing support and mentorship to staff members.
Community Engagement and Partnerships:
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with community organizations, government agencies, and other stakeholders to enhance the impact of immigrant services.
- Represent LifeWorks Community Action at community events, meetings, and collaborations to promote awareness and collaboration.
Grant Writing and Fundraising:
- Identify and pursue funding opportunities to sustain and expand immigrant services.
- Prepare and submit grant proposals, reports, and other documentation to secure funding.
Advocacy and Policy Development:
- Stay informed about immigration policies and issues affecting the community.
- Advocate for the rights and needs of immigrants through active participation in advocacy efforts and policy development led by the Board of Directors and Executive Director.
Position offers a salary of $60,000 to $65,000 annually.
Education: BA or BS, MA preferable, in social work or social sciences including course work related
To cultural diversity, Latin American/Latino studies, education, social work or human services.
Language Abilities: Must be fluent in Spanish and English, including the ability to write, read and
speak in both languages.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in program management, preferably in immigrant services or related areas.
- Strong understanding of immigration policies, cultural competency, and the challenges faced by immigrant populations.
- Proven leadership and supervisory skills, with the ability to motivate and manage a diverse team.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Experience in grant writing and fundraising.
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and advocacy.