Duties / Responsibilities
- Analyzes mechanical and operational problems on Plant equipment. Makes necessary corrections and running adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality. Uses hoists, forklift trucks, and many trade tools to perform job functions. Frequently works with electrician and/or operators to complete dismantling or installation jobs.
- Communicates with production supervisors to determine what repairs are needed and the severity of the issue.
- Works with production supervisors to determine when equipment will not be used for manufacturing and then schedules repairs and/or scheduled maintenance.
- After making repairs, tests operation of Equipment.
- Makes scheduled maintenance checks of Plant equipment, reports findings to Production Manager and follows appropriate action. Makes entries in Machine Log.
- Notifies Production Manager of recurring equipment malfunctions or potentially dangerous situations and corrective action taken.
- Where machine guards are not commercially available, makes or repairs machine guards and installs on machinery. Checks guards to assure that they have enclosed equipment properly.
- Instructs and directs any maintenance trainees assigned.
- Completion of formal apprenticeship program or completion of in-company, three-year training program to satisfaction of Management committee.
- Ability to use hand tools and trades type tools, High mental and visual effort required, and job involves significant amount of standing and walking.
- Requires varying degree of working to precision tolerances where amount of damage can be considerable.
- High degree of attention required preventing injury to self and others.
- Valid state motor vehicle license to operate plant forklift truck to move machinery.
- Certified electrician preferred.