MOVE YOUR CAREER IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION!
Upstate Agency Insurance is seeking an experienced
Accounting Insurance Specialist
This opportunity may be perfect for you if you have experience in
R Accounting Clerk
R Workflow Coordination
ABOUT THE POSITION
In this position with our Insurance team, you would be responsible for independently performing daily accounting functions related to the insurance agencies to ensure both client and Company account transactions are up to date. Prepare and maintain accounting spreadsheets as required utilizing Agency tracking software.
- File documents manually and electronically based on established criteria.
- Maintain documentation of all daily transaction in Agency Management System per agency guidelines.
- Work within deadlines to reconcile carrier statements and process payments to carriers.
- Reconcile cash accounts, accounts receivable/payable, clearing and other balance sheet accounts monthly by established timeframes.
- Prepare correspondence and reports accurately meeting department goals and objectives.
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience required
- Experience with insurance AMS preferred but not required
- 2 + years of office experience with accounts payable/receivable preferred
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines; attention to detail a must
- Quality communications skills, both written and verbal; comfortable communicating with customers, co-workers, and management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel Outlook
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time and walk/stand for brief periods of time.
- Must be able to repetitively use a telephone and computer mouse and keyboard.
- Ability to lift/move up to 15 lbs.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
We offer a pleasant work environment, career development opportunities, competitive compensation, and an exceptional benefits package.
Upstate Agency Insurance is a subsidiary of Glens Falls National Bank & Trust Company. The Employee Benefits Practice of Upstate Agency can provide individuals with Health, Term Life, and Long-Term Care insurance needs. We specialize in offering businesses Health, Dental, Long-Term Care, and other Group/Voluntary insurance plans to meet the needs of their employees.