PAID HHA: Home Health Aide TRAINING
The Wesley Community is currently offering a PAID HHA: Home Health Aide TRAINING PROGRAM! Earn as you learn in our next training class in June!
Clinical and classroom hours from 8-12 pm, Monday - Friday. The training program is 21 days. Full attendance is required.
Upon successful completion of the training class, you will be offered part time or per-diem employment depending on availability.
What will I do during HHA Training at The Wesley Community?
- Provide health care tasks, personal hygiene services, housekeeping tasks, and other related support services essential to the client's health.
- Record and report changes of the client's physical condition, behavior, or appearance to the Director of Clinical Services.
- Perform light housekeeping duties including dusting, vacuuming, mopping, & sweeping.
- Assist with bathing, dressing, and grooming.
- Assist with transfer and ambulation including the use of a cane, walker, and wheelchair.
- Assist client with miscellaneous household duties.
HHA: Home Health Aide Training Requirements:
- Must have high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must have your own reliable transportation to get to and from client's homes and occasionally transport clients.
- Must have a valid NYS driver's license and have a clean driving background which will be subject to yearly background checks or more frequently if indicated.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition, and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents.