LifeWorks Community Action is a community of neighbors helping neighbors build bright and stable futures. We have a strong network of programs to help our neighbors address their immediate needs and overcome the challenges of poverty. If we do not have the support someone is looking for, we make sure they are connected to an organization that does.
- Plans, implements, monitors, and evaluates service delivery related to Office of Head Start Standards for medical, dental, and child safety.
- Ensures required health screenings, in collaboration with parents, are completed within mandated 45/90 days of enrollment and evaluations, treatment and follow-up are completed in a timely manner.
- Monitors immunization status of children and completes annual web-based immunization survey.
- Reviews child files regularly to ensure service area paperwork is filed and of good quality.
- Ensures facilities and equipment promote a healthy and safe environment via random health and safety checks.
- Provides content area training and technical supervision to staff.
Position offers $22.12 per hour. Please send letter of interest along with resume.
- Kid-friendly work schedule
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement
- Paid Vacation, Paid Personal, Paid Sick Time
- Paid School Breaks
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Associate’s Degree in health, public health or other closely related field or LPN. Bachelor’s Degree in in similar fields preferred.
- Willing to obtain and maintain Basic First Aid, CPR and MAT (Medication Administration Training) within initial probationary period and maintain certification.
- Experience supervising and coordinating staff.
- Provide customer service that is responsive to the unique needs and culture of families, such as single parents, grandparents as caregivers, co-parenting relationships, LGTBQ families, non-English speaking, teen parents, domestic violence situations and more.
- Computer skills and knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, Google Docs, Zoom or other online meeting platforms.
- Above average organizational and communication skills, ability to work as a member of a team, good interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain professionalism with staff and clientele.
- Acceptable tuberculosis screening results and an initial health exam are required post job offer and prior to employment.
- Valid Driver’s License necessary.
LifeWorks Community Action, formerly Saratoga County Economic Opportunity Council, is a nonprofit that helps thousands of neighbors each year overcome the challenges of poverty by providing food, early childhood education, energy services, health and wellness, and immigrant services. Popular programs include The Pantry in Ballston Spa and The Kitchen in Saratoga Springs, as well as Head Start, WIC and Weatherization. Help Starts Here.
LifeWorks Community Action promotes diversity, equity and inclusion in all agency programs and services. We welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds who embrace and support an inclusive and equitable work environment.