Seasonal Museum Technician position at Saratoga National Historical Park. For more information on the Park: www.nps.gov/SARA
This position works with the Park Curator. The typical seasonal entry-on-duty period is May to October, but can be variable during these months due to weather conditions, project needs, or funding. Anticipated Entry on Duty: June 2023
The duties performed by this position may include tasks such as:
- Inventories, documents, catalogs, and stores items.
- Implements museum environmental monitoring and integrated pest management (IPM) programs. This includes gathering data, maintaining the monitoring equipment, and preparing permanent data records.
- Packs and repacks objects with care, assuring complete labeling that preserves data associated with the objects.
- Identifies preservation needs and recommends additional actions.
- Assists with the installation, repair, and rehabilitation of exhibits.
- Provides answers and information to park visitors and assists the public with research questions.
- Implements museum maintenance and housekeeping schedules. Performs routine cleaning of objects as directed and according to established standards. Assists in scheduled cleaning of museum collections storage. The types of artifacts/objects to be cleaned include, but are not limited to, historic books, furniture, textiles, ceramics, documents, and photographs
This is an open continuous vacancy announcement for multiple parks. Applicants will be referred periodically throughout the announcement period. Final application disposition will be completed once all positions have been filled or the announcement reaches the end of the open period stated in the announcement. The first cut-off date is 11:59 pm (est), January 13, 2023.