Maintenance Worker positions at Saratoga National Historical Park. Multiple temporary/seasonal positions to be filled. The Maintenance Workers work as a part of the park's Facility Management team on special facilities and grounds projects and general park operational maintenance. Major Duties:
- Performs simple and routine maintenance and repair of grounds, exterior structures, buildings, equipment and related utilities.
- Assists higher graded maintenance workers or tradesmen in the performance of their work. Assists lower graded employees in the performance of their work.
- Performs intermediate carpentry repairs using measures and hand tools on such tasks as framing, replacing broken planks on picnic tables; broken windows; adjustments or replaces hinges, latches and catches.
- Performs painting using brush and roller according to specific instructions on projects where appearances are critical such as building exteriors and interiors.
- Performs minor plumbing repairs such as tightening or replacing in-kind fittings and fixtures which do not require custom fitting or solder joints; replaces faucet washers; unplugs drains using a plunger; replaces liquid petroleum gas bottles.
- Receives, unloads and processes incoming shipments according to established procedures. Reports discrepancies and damage to others responsible for such items.
- Performs routine maintenance on picnic and campground sites and trails using hand tools to re-grade and reset barriers to restore areas to original appearances. Collects trash.
- Operates a light truck to pick up supplies and to transport materials to and from work sites while assisting on project work.
- Cleans and services chemical toilets, restrooms, and other visitor facilities. Makes minor repairs as needed and refers problems to higher graded workers.
- Operates a forklift to load and unload supplies and light equipment not requiring special rigging.
Applications are accepted through USAJobs.gov only. For more information on the positions, qualification requirements, and to apply: USAJOBS - Job Announcement
For more information about the park: Saratoga National Historical Park (U.S. National Park Service) (nps.gov)