Join our caring, community focused team and help create a great customer experience. Help make a customer’s home more comfortable and energy efficient!
In this position you will conduct maintenance, repair and installations for heating units on residential homes within Saratoga and Schenectady Counties. Coordinate with Auditors and Program Director to perform the prescribed job in a manner that is thorough, courteous, expeditious, and safe.
- Diagnose malfunctions of heating system and/or components for the purpose of identifying repair/replacement needs. Ensure timely and correct methods of Energy Services measures.
- Review job folders and determine the work to be accomplished and materials needed to complete the project. Maintain proper inventory controls.
- Repair and replace heating systems and/or components for the purpose of providing renovation and preventive maintenance.
- Work alongside crew to perform basic weatherization carpentry work if needed.
- Familiarity with appropriate National Fire Protection Agency’s (NFPA) regulations and the New York State Mechanical Code. Perform all work In Accordance with (IAW) prevailing codes and the Standard Work System (SWS).
- Must demonstrate a commitment to equity, diversity and an understanding /willingness to learn about systemic barriers to economic mobility.
Compensation: Position offers a starting rate of $24.00 per hour with excellent benefits.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage which include family benefits
- 401(k) Plan with a 10% match
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation up to 5 weeks
- Paid Personal Time
- Paid Sick Time
- Employee Assistance Plan
- 13 paid holidays off during the year
Requirements: please send a cover letter and resume
- Willing to obtain HVAC Certification or BPI Certification as a Heating Professional. High School Diploma/GED required.
- Knowledge of various HVAC systems including hydronic heating systems, and forced air heating systems is a plus. We are willing to train.
- Carpentry or renovation experience and use of basic power tools is helpful.
- Ability to lift 50 pound tools and equipment. Able to crawl under, in, and through tight and/or dirty spaces, pull or reach with arms and/or hands, bend or kneel, climb stairs or ladders. Ability to work from heights no greater than 25 feet.
- Tolerant of exposure to all weather conditions (heat, cold, snow and rain); for periods up to 8 hours.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with people of diverse social and economic backgrounds.
- A clean, valid New York State driver’s license.
LifeWorks Community Action, formerly Saratoga County Economic Opportunity Council, is a nonprofit that helps thousands of neighbors each year overcome the challenges of poverty by providing food, early childhood education, energy services, health and wellness, and immigrant services. Popular programs include The Pantry in Ballston Spa and The Kitchen in Saratoga Springs, as well as Head Start, WIC and Weatherization. Help Starts Here.
LifeWorks Community Action promotes diversity, equity and inclusion in all agency programs and services. We welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds who embrace and support an inclusive and equitable work environment.