Control Room Operator - Trainee
Our client in Glens Falls, NY is looking for a Central Control Room Operator – Trainee to join their team. This is a direct-hire position with a starting rate of $31.72/hr. The position will have hours during the day and then move to a rotating schedule.
The Central Control Room Operator - Trainee will oversee the efficient operation of cement plant equipment and processes.
Central Control Room Operator – Trainee Job Description
- Oversee operation of entire plant from central control room through the plant control system
- Direct shift personnel to make corrections or adjustments to equipment to resolve operating issues or to maintain stable operating conditions
- Apply results of Quality Control tests to production operations
- Report unusual occurrences or operating conditions, questionable instrumentation readings, inconsistent control loop responses and other production anomalies
- Read, understand and effectively work from written instructions, standard operating procedures, operating manuals, sketches, and flow diagrams
- Write and enter work orders into SAP
- Monitor plant operations to ensure pre-established production, and quality standards are met
- Prepares and maintains production logs, timesheets, security reports, and maintenance work orders
- Recognize and assist with maintenance issues during off hours in the absence of maintenance leadership
- Be a leader by ensuring compliance
- All other duties as assigned
Central Control Room Operator – Trainee Job Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Four years cement processing, electrical instrumentation or quality control lab experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and training
- Knowledge of Pneumatic and Hydraulic systems and Pyro-processing required
- Maintenance and/or mechanical experience preferred
- Problem-solving and analytical skills, particularly mathematics skills in dealing with calculations, measurements, units of measure, etc.
- A highly organized individual who is efficient and detail oriented with strong leadership qualities
- Ability to work rotating shifts, holidays and/or overtime as needed
- A multi-tasker who can tackle issues and work under pressure
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft office, SAP, as well as other PC based applications
- Physical Requirements: sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, twisting, climbing, balancing, bending (bending at the waist, lifting above the waist and lifting below the waist), kneeling, reaching, grasping (use of both hands), squatting, repetitive motions, manipulative finger movements with both hands, use of wrists (flexing or rotating with both wrists), use of both feet, use of arms above and below shoulder, work extended periods of time in same position, perform duties in all climates i.e. weather, extreme temperatures, tolerate heights, lift and carry up to 75 lbs., work in confined spaces, capable of wearing respiratory and other personal protective equipment
Call our office today at 518.934.3927 for more information!
Integrated Staffing: Staffing solutions that exceed expectations and builds relationships.