Region Manager - Daycare Program
This position has the overall responsibility for providing leadership and oversight for our Head Start daycare sites in the Southern region of Saratoga County. Will oversee the smooth functioning of the program in the areas of child and family services, fiscal, human resources, transportation/vehicles, facilities, food services, inventory, safety and technology in order to provide reliable, healthy and safe services to children and families, and to support the goals of the program.
- Works with staff to ensure Head Start sites are operating in compliance with regulation and providing high quality early childhood programming on a daily basis. This includes maintaining appropriate staffing levels, working technology, clean and safe facilities and required recordkeeping.
- Ensures compliance on Head Start Performance Standards, New York State Child Care Licensing and NYS UPK regulations.
- Works with Service Area Managers and Program Director to develop and implement plans for program operations including active parent engagement and community partnerships to meet the needs of the enrolled children and families.
- Provides on-going supervision, support and technical assistance to employees within region. Works closely with Human Resources and Program Director on staff development.
- Works with Finance Director and Program Director to oversee and reconcile expenditures in regional area and works to reduce costs and to operate all areas in the most cost effective way.
Interested candidates please send a cover letter along with a resume.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Minimum requirement is a Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Human Services, Social Work or related field.
- 3 years’ experience in a managerial capacity and proven experience with supervision, staffing and performance development.
- Considerable knowledge and experience with New York State Day Care Licensing regulations, NYS UPK regulations and best practices related to early childhood education. Head Start experience is a plus.
- Must have or be willing to obtain and maintain Basic First Aid, CPR and MAT (Medication Administration Training) Certification. Required to be MAT trained and certified to pass medications.
- Provide customer service that is responsive to the unique needs and culture of families, such as single parents, grandparents as caregivers, co-parenting relationships, LGTBQ families, non-English speaking, teen parents, domestic violence situations and more.
- Above average computer, organizational and communication skills, ability to work as a member of a team, good interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain professionalism with staff and clientele.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Vacation, Paid Personal, Paid Sick Time
- Paid School Breaks
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with a company match
- Employee Assistance Plan
LifeWorks Community Action, formerly Saratoga County Economic Opportunity Council, is a nonprofit that helps thousands of neighbors each year overcome the challenges of poverty by providing food, early childhood education, energy services, health and wellness, and immigrant services. Popular programs include The Pantry in Ballston Spa and The Kitchen in Saratoga Springs, as well as Head Start, WIC and Weatherization. Help Starts Here.
LifeWorks Community Action promotes diversity, equity and inclusion in all agency programs and services. We welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds who embrace and support an inclusive and equitable work environment. EOE