Head Start Disabilities Service Area Manager
Join our caring, community focused team and help give kids a Head Start!
The Disabilities content area is an integral part of the larger system of services provided by Head Start/Early Head Start. Will work with other staff to implement and carry out a comprehensive program with services to children with disabilities. The manager has technical supervision and provides support to the education staff.
This position requires regular travel to make contact with staff, families, and other agencies. Some evening and weekend work may occasionally be required for events such as home visits, family meetings, social or community events, etc.
- Program management and oversight, provides content area training and technical supervision to staff.
- Ensures that children diagnosed with a disability receive the proper support as written in their Individualized Family Service Plan or Individualized Education Plan.
- Assists teachers with classroom planning, including goals and objectives. Ensures lesson plans are completed and are in accordance with each child’s needs based on observation and recording of children’s interests and current level of functioning.
- Assists Head Start Director, Region Managers and Service Area Managers in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the service delivery related to all the service areas for both Early Head Start and Head Start.
- Participates in record keeping, data collection in support of PIR, Community Assessment, program outcome evaluation and monthly reports, as required.
Candidates must send a cover letter along with a resume reflecting NYS Teaching Certification in a preschool category.
Position offers a rate of $25.00/hour.
Knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or Special Education or related field. Must have a valid NYS Teaching Certification in a preschool category.
- 3 years of staff supervision and administrative experience in an early childhood education setting.
- 3 years teaching in an early childhood program/daycare/classroom preferred.
- Above average organizational and communication skills, ability to work as a member of a team, good interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain professionalism with staff, children and families.
- Acceptable tuberculosis screening results and an initial health exam are required post job offer and prior to employment.
- Must have a clean driver’s license and be insurable to operate agency vehicles.
- Kid-friendly work schedule
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement
- Paid Vacation, Paid Personal, Paid Sick Time
- Paid School Breaks
- Employee Assistance Plan
LifeWorks Community Action, formerly Saratoga County Economic Opportunity Council, is a nonprofit that helps thousands of neighbors each year overcome the challenges of poverty by providing food, early childhood education, energy services, health and wellness, and immigrant services. Popular programs include The Pantry in Ballston Spa and The Kitchen in Saratoga Springs, as well as Head Start, WIC and Weatherization. Help Starts Here.
LifeWorks Community Action promotes diversity, equity and inclusion in all agency programs and services. We welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds who embrace and support an inclusive and equitable work environment.