Early Childhood Teacher - Toddler Room
Join our caring, community focused team and help give kids a Head Start!
Toddler Teacher will work along-side the Lead Teacher to help to plan, implement and supervise all classroom routines and activities. This position may work with toddlers with developmental delays.
- Implements and maintains a primary caregiver model in which each toddler is assigned to a primary caregiver to foster bonding and a sense of security.
- Work as a team member with classroom staff and parents to implement curriculum that is meaningful and meets the individual and program needs.
- Responsible for the weekly preparation of daily lesson plans, including objectives to be posted for parents, volunteers and visitors in the classroom.
- Develop an individual plan for each child to include goal setting based on identified needs and prescriptions for objectives and activities to meet established school readiness goals and outcome goals.
Position starts at $19.27 per hour. A higher rate of pay may also be considered based on previous relevant teaching experience.
Knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education or an Infant Toddler CDA.
- 1 full year teaching in an early childhood program/daycare/classroom. Ability to lift 40 pounds. Experience with toddler age group is helpful.
- Must be willing to obtain and maintain Basic First Aid, CPR certification and MAT (Medication Administration Training) within the initial probationary period and maintain certification. Required to be MAT trained and certified to pass medications as needed.
- Provide customer service that is responsive to the unique needs and culture of families, such as single parents, grandparents as caregivers, co-parenting relationships, LGTBQ families, non-English speaking, teen parents, domestic violence situations and more.
- Computer skills and knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, Google Docs, Zoom or other online meeting platforms.
- Acceptable tuberculosis screening results and an initial health exam are required post job offer and prior to employment.
- Must have a clean driver’s license and be insurable to operate agency vehicles.
- Kid-friendly work schedule
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Vacation, Paid Personal, Paid Sick Time
- Paid School Breaks
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with a company match
- Employee Assistance Plan
LifeWorks Community Action, formerly Saratoga County Economic Opportunity Council, is a nonprofit that helps thousands of neighbors each year overcome the challenges of poverty by providing food, early childhood education, energy services, health and wellness, and immigrant services. Popular programs include The Pantry in Ballston Spa and The Kitchen in Saratoga Springs, as well as Head Start, WIC and Weatherization. Help Starts Here.
LifeWorks Community Action promotes diversity, equity and inclusion in all agency programs and services. We welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds who embrace and support an inclusive and equitable work environment. EOE