Daycare Teacher Aides
Join our caring, community focused team and help give kids a Head Start!
LifeWorks Community Action is a community of neighbors helping neighbors build bright and stable futures. We have a strong network of programs to help our neighbors address their immediate needs and overcome the challenges of poverty. If we do not have the support someone is looking for, we make sure they are connected to an organization that does.
Teacher Aide is part of the team who assists in activities in the daycare classroom. Works with typically developing preschool age children and/or children with special needs. As a Floater, will be assigned to various classrooms or sites as deemed necessary for program operations. Candidate must be willing to work where needed within the Saratoga Springs and Ballston Spa area of Saratoga County.
- Assists staff in all classroom or parent and children activities, field trips and outdoor activities.
- Assists in developing materials and providing activities related to the cultural background of the children and families served.
- Helps supervise at mealtime, eating with the children to encourage good nutrition and proper social skills.
- Helps keep the classroom and its contents/toys clean and orderly.
Benefits: Position works 35 hours per week, 51 weeks per year and offers $15.84 per hour.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Vacation, Paid Personal, Paid Sick Time
- Paid School Breaks
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Assistance Plan
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Experience working in a classroom with preschool children. Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must be willing to obtain and maintain Basic First Aid and CPR certification within the initial probationary period and maintain certification.
- Above average organizational and communication skills, ability to work as a member of a team, good interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain professionalism with staff and families in program.
- Provide customer service that is responsive to the unique needs and culture of families, such as single parents, grandparents as caregivers, co-parenting relationships, LGTBQ families, non-English speaking, teen parents, domestic violence situations and more.
- Computer skills and knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, Google Docs, Zoom or other online meeting platforms.
- Acceptable tuberculosis screening results and an initial health exam are required post job offer and prior to employment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, possess own transportation and be able to drive a company vehicle on roads in varying weather conditions if necessary.
LifeWorks Community Action promotes diversity, equity and inclusion in all agency programs and services. We welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds who embrace and support an inclusive and equitable work environment.