Assistant Teacher - Preschool Daycare
Join our caring, community focused team and help give kids a Head Start!
The Assistant Teacher works closely with the Lead Teacher to carry out the goals, policies, and activities designed to implement educational objectives and performance standards. Works as a team member with classroom staff and parents to implement curriculum that is meaningful and meets the individual and program needs. May be reassigned to various classrooms/centers as deemed necessary for program operations.
- Assist with weekly preparation of daily lesson plans, including objectives to be posted for parents, volunteers and visitors in the classroom.
- Assist in developing an individual plan for each child to include goal setting based on identified needs and prescriptions for objectives and activities to meet established school readiness goals and outcome goals.
- Support social and emotional development and provides positive guidance and discipline. Assist with addressing any special needs questions and concerns.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to equity, diversity and an understanding /willingness to learn about systemic barriers to economic mobility.
Benefits: Offering $19.27 to start, a higher rate will be considered based on previous relevant teaching experience.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Vacation, Paid Personal, Paid Sick Time
- Paid School Breaks
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Assistance Plan
Knowledges, skills and abilities:
- Minimum requirement is a High School Diploma/GED and CDA (Child Development Associate) or be enrolled in a CDA credential program that will be completed within 2 years; or have an associate's or bachelor’s degree (in any area) or be enrolled in a program leading to a degree in Early Childhood Education.
- Experience working with preschool children in a daycare setting. May be required to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must be willing to obtain and maintain Basic First Aid, CPR certification and MAT (Medication Administration Training) within the initial probationary period and maintain certification. Required to be MAT trained and certified to pass medications as needed. Will provide training for all medical certifications.
- Above average organizational and communication skills, ability to work as a member of a team, good interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain professionalism with staff and clientele.
- Provide customer service that is responsive to the unique needs and culture of families, such as single parents, grandparents as caregivers, co-parenting relationships, LGTBQ families, non-English speaking, teen parents, domestic violence situations and more.
- Computer skills and knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, Google Docs, Zoom or other online meeting platforms. Familiarity with mobile devices, online training platforms and software applications helpful.
- Acceptable tuberculosis screening results and an initial health exam are required post job offer and prior to employment.
- Must have a clean driver’s license and be insurable to operate agency vehicles.
LifeWorks Community Action, formerly Saratoga County Economic Opportunity Council, is a nonprofit that helps thousands of neighbors each year overcome the challenges of poverty by providing food, early childhood education, energy services, health and wellness, and immigrant services. Popular programs include The Pantry in Ballston Spa and The Kitchen in Saratoga Springs, as well as Head Start, WIC and Weatherization. Help Starts Here.
LifeWorks Community Action promotes diversity, equity and inclusion in all agency programs and services. We welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds who embrace and support an inclusive and equitable work environment. EOE