Accounts Payable Specialist
Under the supervision of the Assistant Controller, this position is responsible for the administration of cost-effective, value added, service-oriented accounts payable systems, policies and procedures, while ensuring strong internal controls over college disbursements. The Accounts Payable area serves all College constituencies, handling the review and payment of operating and capital expenditures. This position must have fundamental payables and cash management skills as well as the ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment.
- Reviews/Processes between 250-300 electronic invoices in the Oracle Cloud Accounts Payable System weekly. This includes verifying vendor, invoice, cost distribution and purchase order information in Oracle required formats as entered by the various departments on campus. This function also entails reviewing and reconciling invoice batches and resolving invoice holds/rejections as well as creating and submitting the Positive Pay report to Adirondack Trust.
- Creates and updates supplier records in the Oracle Cloud Accounts Payable System. This involves acquiring, verifying and entering supplier information, including confidential banking and tax related information.
- Serves as the main contact of the College’s Department VISA Card Program. Plays a key role as a member of the Purchasing Card Audit Team. Processes the Oracle Cloud payment of VISA and SCIP card charges totaling between $12M and $15M annually.
- Primary contact to train new employees in all Accounts Payable and Expense functions in Oracle Cloud. Handles all corrections to invoices and expense reports, aka, Journal Entries through the Accounts Payable function of Oracle Cloud. Fields Inquires from Suppliers and College Departments.
- Contacts vendors to pay College invoices with the Accounts Payable P-Card. Reconciles all expenses in Oracle Cloud and assigns account numbers per departmental request. Main contact for the College’s Direct Bill merchants. Responsible for deciphering which department incurred the expense, collecting necessary information from various departments, processing payment and reconciling to the General Ledger.
- Processing the weekly Student Refund checks in Oracle. Includes uploading and validating student refund batches, reconciling vouchers and payment, processing payments and submitting Positive Pay report to Adirondack Trust.
- Serves as a back up for the Senior Accounts Payable Specialist’s regular tasks in times of absence.
- Maintains W-9 records for all Suppliers to comply with Federal regulations in regards to 1099 reporting to the IRS. Responsible for reviewing the annual B Notice from the IRS to ensure the College has accurate taxpayer information in our records.
- Helps administer the College’s cash disbursements including cash advances and other departmental cash needs such as Petty Cash.
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Controller and Senior Accounts Payable Specialist.
Education: Associate Degree (or equivalent experience)
Experience: 1 Year Accounts Payable/Purchasing/Customer Service.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills. Must be able to communicate well both orally and in writing.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Flexibility and strong organizational skills are needed in order to handle the volume of work
- Must be comfortable working in MS Office as well as Oracle Cloud
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to apply these skills quickly and accurately as the position works under a hard deadline every week of the year.
Required documents needed to apply:
- On-line application
- Cover Letter
- List of Three References
Pay Range: Commensurate with experience
In order to prevent or significantly reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission at Skidmore College and protect all members of the College community from infection, successful candidates will be required to submit proof of full vaccination as a condition of employment, unless exempted as a reasonable accommodation of a medical condition or sincerely religious belief or practice.
Skidmore College is committed to being an inclusive campus community and, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, dating violence, or stalking, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Employment at Skidmore College is contingent upon an acceptable background check result.
CREATIVE THOUGHT MATTERS.