VP of Lending
Hudson River Community Credit Union is a not-for-profit financial cooperative whose mission is to improve the well-being of members and their families by providing quality financial services with the best overall value.
We have an exciting new opportunity in our Lending Department!
VP Of Lending
We are looking for the right candidate who is proactive and a confident self-starter who thrives in busy work environments. You enjoy mentoring staff to bring out the best in them in an environment that has freedom and independence for spontaneity.
The VP of Lending directs and coordinates all loan-underwriting activities within the Credit Union, ensuring compliance with Credit Union lending policies and regulations. Reporting to the Sr. VP of Lending assists in planning, directing, and coordinating the development of lending policies, procedures, goals, and objectives. Directs loan processing, servicing, and underwriting staff to meet Credit Union goals and objectives while ensuring an exceptional member and team member experience.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Hires new staff and is responsible for coaching and developing highly effective team members to ensure a high-quality member service is delivered and achieved.
- Empower and equip the team to succeed through employee engagement, teamwork, and career path and development.
- Promote a positive culture within the department, foster solid interdepartmental relationships, and maintain a high-performing team environment.
- Serves as Brand Ambassador and supports the credit union's mission by maintaining relationships with other departments and businesses to expand connections. Researches and proposes business development ideas for new products, services, and programs where appropriate to grow our membership.
- Assists in the Credit Union in reaching their goals. Reviews and recommends pricing strategies to support credit union goals. Researches and evaluates the feasibility of new consumer and real estate lending products or improvement of existing products. Collaborates with Sr. VP of Lending to develop and implement plans for expansion of lending delivery channels while keeping abreast of changes in the industry to maintain credit union competitiveness.
- To protect the Credit Union and our members, review, update, and create policies and procedures supporting lending operations. Maintain current knowledge of loan underwriting, processing, and loan servicing and ensure they comply with all regulatory rules, regulations, and laws.
- In-depth research & member resolution for escalated issues to ensure a positive member journey.
Experience, Education and Skills:
- At least ten years of similar or related experience. Previous experience managing a portfolio of consumer, indirect, and real estate lending and senior management experience is required. NMLS is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in a similar or related field. Master's a plus.
- Proven ability to generate new ideas, concepts, processes, actions, or solutions that are original, useful, unusual, and appropriate.
- Demonstrated skill in generating alternative solutions to problems.
- The capacity to adapt to fast-changing environments and a willingness to take risks and consider new approaches to improve the organization's competitive position.
- Ability to complete tasks successfully with technology and the least time and effort.
- Full working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Products.
This position is located at our Operations Center in Corinth, NY. Full-Time Monday through Friday.
Apply online at https://www.hrccu.org/about/careers/
If you are unable to complete this application online due to a disability, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
HRCCU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, sexual orientation, and national origin, physical or mental ability, protected Veteran Status or other characteristics protected by law. To read the It's The Law Poster regarding EEO please paste the following link into your browser. http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf.