Vice President, Electronic Banking Operations
Join a nationally recognized financial institution and make a difference in the communities where you live and work! Ballston Spa National Bank (BSNB) is seeking a visionary leader to guide our Electronic Banking Operations Team as the Vice President, Electronic Banking Operations.
ABOUT BALLSTON SPA NATIONAL BANK (BSNB)
We are proud to provide community banking to individuals, families, and businesses located in the greater Capital Region. Thirteen full-service banking offices provide products and services geared towards meeting the needs of the markets we serve. As a community-minded financial institution, we make giving back and volunteer work a priority.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF THE VICE PRESIDENT, ELECTRONIC BANKING OPERATIONS
As the Vice President, Electronic Banking Operations, you will be responsible for the management of the Electronic Banking Operations Department inclusive of ACH, Balance Control, Debit Card Transactions, Deposit Account Maintenance, Research Returns, and Wire Transfers, and Customer Calls, to ensure continuity of key processes to sustain banking operations, and mitigate fraud risk associated with department functions. You will drive bank-wide operational strategy by setting multi-year roadmaps, with the ability to concisely communicate complex topics to influence business leaders.
- Responsible for development and implementation of the strategic plan and roadmap to fulfill the operational needs of the organization.
- Evaluate and reengineer processes and work flows, document processes and procedures, train team members and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and fraud prevention activities.
- Oversee BSNB's customer care team to ensure timely and accurate response to customer inquiries.
- Support fraud investigation and, based on established protocols, assist other fraud-investigation areas where requested to control / mitigate fraudulent financial transactions.
- Oversee and facilitate product and service development and implementation as they pertain to the Electronic Banking Operations area.
- Perform Bank Control Record maintenance for all deposit and products and various Horizon applications.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of Electronic Operations activities in support of the strategic plan. Interact regularly with project leadership teams to ensure operational priorities are aligned with mission, vision, and division objectives.
- Ensure monthly reports are completed accurately in entirety and submitted on time. Present reports to Risk Management, the Management Group, and the Board of Directors as necessary. Facilitate year-end 1099/1098 information tax reporting and act as year-end liaison between BSNB and FIS.
- Ensure management and servicing reports, customer notices and communications, and other tracking and output related to serviced products are timely and accurate. Ensure all work assignments are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Receive and service branch phone calls and emails across all bank departments in a timely and accurate manner.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years' progressive Bank operations experience coupled with supervisory experience. Experience with FIS Horizon core banking system strongly preferred. A proven track record of management and leadership ability required as evidenced by the ability to solve problems, plan, organize and direct activities of others. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, with a progressive vision leading projects to meet short and long-term business needs, with a focus on fraud prevention. Bachelor's degree in business or related field required.