We are hiring Teller/Member Service staff for our new branch coming this summer (July) to Wilton, located at 3090 Rt. 50, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866.
Our teller role focuses on customer service, cash handling, sales/referrals.
Why join the Sunmark Squad? Sunmark is a local credit union making a big difference in our community. For 85 years, we strive to build brighter financial futures and brighter communities. We build relationships with our members and look for solutions for all their financial needs through our “Good Vibes” culture. As a team member, you will find satisfaction in your career by assisting with our members finances, volunteering through our foundation team, and career growth opportunities.
Branch Hours: Monday & Tuesday 9am – 4:30pm, Wednesday 10am to 4:30pm, Thursday & Friday 9am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 1pm. Employees are scheduled 36-40 hours per week with rotating Saturdays off. Actual shift may vary based on branch opening/closing/balancing needs.
*This position is paid hourly, eligible for bi-weekly incentives based on sales referral goals.
*Must be able to train/travel to our capital region branches until new branch is open.
- Accurately processes transactions daily. Receives loan payments, processes cash advances and transfers, redeems bonds and processes insurance payments. Researches and helps to solve member questions, problems, and complaints either by telephone, correspondence, or in-person.
- Accurately balances member transactions, cash drawers and TCRs daily. Compiles and prepares daily work for the Accounting Department.
- Provides members with information pertaining to services offered by the credit union, including new products and service and either transacts business or creates a referral to the appropriate staff person.
- Cross-sells all credit union services to qualified members whenever possible. Consistently attains established goals on key products as assigned on a monthly basis.
- Provides Wow! service in each interaction with members and staff, promoting and participating in a sales and service culture consistent with the credit union’s mission of exceeding member expectations.
- Performs VIP check scanning processing, ITM replenishing and balancing, as assigned. Helps verify cash shipment under dual control and vault balancing as assigned. Helps with daily activity to prepare for branch balancing, up to and including, VIP check scanning, VISA advance machine balancing, Gift Cards sold report, preparation of all reports required after closing. Performs end of day inspection of all cash drawers to verify all negotiable items and member information is secured.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- High school graduate or equivalent. 6-months cash handling (preferred), retail/sales experience and customer service experience. Prior related credit union/financial experience desirable.
- Aptitude with figures and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Computer proficiency.
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing; ability to communicate effectively and professionally with others, including exhibiting a courteous, conscientious, and generally businesslike manner in the workplace.
Sunmark Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.