Office Assistant part-time
Join our caring, community focused team and help give kids a Head Start!
Part-time clerical position working 25 hours per week in our Mechanicville site. Will perform all office/clerical duties to ensure a smooth operation of the office as well as other duties to support the daycare staff including filing, delivering mail, document tracking, greeting visitors, answering the telephone, taking and distributing messages for regional level offices. Shop for event supplies when needed. May also assist in the classroom as needed.
- Ensuring general office administration and support functions.
- Maintaining data entry files/systems and family files. Copying/scanning as requested from staff and supervisor.
- Handling telephone communication, Distributing mail to families, staff, management and main office.
- Maintain inventory and supplies, coordinate orders when necessary.
- Supports classroom staff as coverage in the classroom or during socialization times. Will interact with teaching staff and parents during these times.
- Assists Region Manager with organizing child care and transportation support to families for program events and functions.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to equity, diversity and an understanding /willingness to learn about systemic barriers to economic mobility.
This position offers $16.00 per hour and is scheduled Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 1:00pm
- Paid Vacation, Paid Personal and Paid Sick Time
- 401(k) Retirement
- Paid School Breaks
- Employee Assistance Plan
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- A minimum of a High School Diploma/GED.
- One year of working in an office setting is helpful, must be organized. Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
- Computer skills and knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, Google Docs, Zoom or other online meeting platforms. Familiarity with mobile devices, online training platforms and software applications helpful.
- Provide customer service that is responsive to the unique needs and culture of families, such as single parents, grandparents as caregivers, co-parenting relationships, LGTBQ families, non-English speaking, teen parents, domestic violence situations and more.
- Comfortable assisting in a daycare classroom when needed. Able to work under pressure and exercise good judgment.
- Must have a valid license, possess a vehicle for shopping as needed and be insurable to drive an agency vehicle on roads in varying weather conditions.
COVID-19 considerations: To keep all staff and customers safe during the pandemic, we have been and will continue to follow all recommended health and safety guidelines for offices and programs. A vaccine mandate is in place for all staff.
LifeWorks Community Action, formerly Saratoga County Economic Opportunity Council, is a nonprofit that helps thousands of neighbors each year overcome the challenges of poverty by providing food, early childhood education, energy services, health and wellness, and immigrant services. Popular programs include The Pantry in Ballston Spa and The Kitchen in Saratoga Springs, as well as Head Start, WIC and Weatherization. Help Starts Here.
LifeWorks Community Action promotes diversity, equity and inclusion in all agency programs and services. We welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds who embrace and support an inclusive and equitable work environment. EOE
LifeWorks Community Action
Director of Human Resources