Administrative Assistant for Immigrant Services Program
LifeWorks Community Action is a non-profit organization committed to providing comprehensive support and assistance to individuals and families with low-incomes in Saratoga County and Upper Capital Region. The Immigrant Services Department fosters inclusivity, empowers communities, and advocates for the rights and well-being of immigrants. As we continue to expand our programs and services, we are seeking a detail-oriented and empathetic individual to join our team as an Immigrant Services Administrative Assistant.
The Immigrant Services Administrative Assistant will play a crucial role in supporting the day-to-day operations of our immigrant services programs. This position involves a combination of administrative tasks, client support, and collaboration with various stakeholders to ensure the smooth delivery of services. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational skills, cultural sensitivity, and a passion for helping immigrants navigate the challenges of resettlement.
- Client Assistance: Provide frontline support to immigrants seeking services, including answering inquiries, scheduling appointments, and directing clients to the appropriate resources.
- Documentation and Record Keeping: Maintain accurate and up-to-date client records, ensuring compliance with confidentiality and data protection regulations.
- Administrative Support: Assist in the day-to-day administrative tasks, including filing, data entry, and managing communication channels.
- Language Assistance: Act as a bridge between clients and staff, offering language interpretation and translation services as needed.
- Program Coordination: Collaborate with program coordinators to organize workshops, events, and outreach activities aimed at providing valuable information and support to the immigrant community.
- Community Engagement: Cultivate positive relationships with community partners, government agencies, and other stakeholders to enhance the range and quality of services offered.
- Cultural Competency: Demonstrate cultural sensitivity and understanding of the unique needs and challenges faced by immigrants, and work to create a supportive and inclusive environment.
Position offers a salary of $40,000 to $45,000 annually
- High school diploma or equivalent (Bachelor's degree preferred).
- Must be fluent in Spanish and English, including the ability to write, read and
- speak in both languages.
- Previous experience in administrative roles or human services.
- Strong organizational and multitasking abilities.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage which include family benefits
- 401(k) Plan with a match
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Personal Time
- Paid Sick Time
- Employee Assistance Plan
- 13 paid holidays off during the year