Join our caring, community focused team and help create a great customer experience. Help make a customer’s home more comfortable and energy efficient!
Will be part of a crew who installs energy savings measures and home renovation techniques to reduce the energy burden on customers within Saratoga and Schenectady Counties.
- Will operate hand tools and equipment necessary for the installation of energy reduction measures such as installing high density blown cellulose in sidewalls and attics, replacing windows, and installing air-sealing measures for doors/windows.
- Receive work orders, coordinate with the Production Supervisor and proceed to client’s home to perform the prescribed job in a manner that is thorough, courteous, expeditious, and safe. Will work on ladders, basements, attics, outside and confining spaces.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage which include family benefits
- 401(k) Plan with a 10% match
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation up to 5 weeks
- Paid Personal Time
- Paid Sick Time
- Employee Assistance Plan
- 13 paid holidays off during the year
- Uniforms are provided
- Tools are provided
- Vehicle is provided
- Paid professional development provided
Schedule: Position works a set schedule every Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 4:00pm.
Compensation: Position offers a starting rate of $17.00 per hour with excellent benefits.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum of 1 years “on-the-job” building construction and/or carpentry experience. Experience installing and retro-fitting windows and doors is a plus.
- Ability to lift 50 pound tools and equipment. Able to crawl under, in, and through tight and/or dirty spaces. Pull or reach with arms and/or hands, crouch, bend or kneel, climb stairs or ladders. Ability to work from heights no greater than 25 feet.
- Tolerant of exposure to all weather conditions (heat, cold, snow and rain); for periods up to 8 hours.
- Good organizational and communication skills, ability to work as a team member, good interpersonal skills.
- Provide customer service that is responsive to the unique needs and culture of families.
- A clean, valid New York State driver’s license.
LifeWorks Community Action, formerly Saratoga County Economic Opportunity Council, is a nonprofit that helps thousands of neighbors each year overcome the challenges of poverty by providing food, early childhood education, energy services, health and wellness, and immigrant services. Popular programs include The Pantry in Ballston Spa and The Kitchen in Saratoga Springs, as well as Head Start, WIC and Weatherization. Help Starts Here.
LifeWorks Community Action promotes diversity, equity and inclusion in all agency programs and services. We welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds who embrace and support an inclusive and equitable work environment.