Join our caring, community focused team!
As a member of the Finance / Human Resources Department, will perform complex finance functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable and check processing.
- Assist with various fiscal documents and schedules as necessary, such as schedules of accounts payable, reconciliation of vendor payments, etc. Assist with donations and accurately maintain the computer database.
- Reconciliation of purchase orders with invoices and statements ensuring that the proper approvals, funding source and cost allocations are properly documented.
- Recording invoices and processing checks, manually or through the computer. Logging in cash receipts, preparation of banking documents and maintain organized system of banking documents.
- Assists with payroll and human resources functions including processing of payroll, wage and employment data requests and assisting with new hire packets, health insurance coordination and policies and procedures.
Benefits: - position starts at $15.00 per hour
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage which include family benefits
- 401(k) Plan with a 10% match
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation up to 5 weeks
- Paid Personal Time
- Paid Sick Time
- Employee Assistance Plan
- 13 paid holidays off during the year
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Associates Degree in Accounting or related field required. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred. At least two years of Accounting, bookkeeping or other related business experience.
- Knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, Google Docs, Zoom or other online meeting platforms. Familiarity with mobile devices, online training platforms and software applications helpful.
- Strong organizational and communication skills (verbal and written), ability to work independently, good interpersonal skills and ability to maintain a positive attitude with staff and customers.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of diverse social and economic backgrounds.
- Valid Driver’s License necessary.
LifeWorks Community Action, formerly Saratoga County Economic Opportunity Council, is a nonprofit that helps thousands of neighbors each year overcome the challenges of poverty by providing food, early childhood education, energy services, health and wellness, and immigrant services. Popular programs include The Pantry in Ballston Spa and The Kitchen in Saratoga Springs, as well as Head Start, WIC and Weatherization. Help Starts Here.
LifeWorks Community Action promotes diversity, equity and inclusion in all agency programs and services. We welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds who embrace and support an inclusive and equitable work environment.